Thursday, February 14, 2013

The 2013 Topps 1 Braves: The '72 Minis


#TM-7 Craig Kimbrel, #TM-8 Dan Uggla


I can't decide if Topps deliberately chose two of the shorter Braves to represent the team in this miniature set, or if it's just some kind of coincidence. If Series II contains Kris Medlen and Jose Constanza, then we will know something's up.









The real question, however, is whether or not the company should have produced a set of minis styled after the '72 set. From what I've been able to discern from the collecting community is a resounding NO!

I personally don't have a strong opinion one way or another. I've never been real fond of the '72 set; I guess I was born about four or five years too late. And regarding 'minis'-  the ones I collect are the kind found in Allen and Ginter (I'll refrain from calling them the true minis- oops, did I just say that?).

Truth be told: I guess I'd rather see this than another exclusive, online-only miniature set for the 2013 set like Topps produced last year.











1 comment:

  1. I don't care for these pseudo-minis either...though I do want the Braves players.

    ReplyDelete