Friday, January 4, 2013

Yet Another Felipe Alou Item




1994 Topps Legends #1 Felipe Alou
In a recent post, I featured the autobiography of Felipe Alou-which I received as a Christmas gift this year.  While I have had a few Alou cards in my Braves collection, one card that had eluded me until recently is this 1994 Topps Leyendas (Legends) card. 

Topps released a special factory set of bilingual cards in 1994, each card almost identical to the regular issued card -with the exception of the backs being printed in both English and Spanish. The set, said be be limited to 5,000 sets, was released as a test issue in areas with a higher Hispanic population and included ten special Topps Leyendas (Legends) cards which featured retired Latin stars. 

Others in set: 
#2 Ruben Amaro #3 Luis Aparico #4 Rod Carew #5 Chico Carrasquel #6 Orlando Cepeda #7 Juan Marichal, #8 Minnie Minoso #9 Cookie Rojas #10 Luis Tiant


No comments:

Post a Comment