Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Screw Topps 100 Card Challenge: Purchase #1

  November 6, 2012.

  I can't remember the last time I looked so forward to a particular date. No-it has nothing to do with today's presidential election, but has everything to do with a certain company which monopolizes the baseball card industry.

  Two weeks ago, I posted my displeasure with Topps for once again giving the middle finger to the set collector. You want to give the set collector the finger? Okay, but keep in mind that we have two that we can give right back to you.

   

  That is what I'm doing this month. Giving them the old proverbial finger. Or two. 

  I won't be spending $100 on 100 cards to finish off a set. No, I will be buying 100 cards for a whole let less than a Benjamin. 



  Card Purchase #1
1997 Pinnacle/Wheaties Cereal Chipper Jones
Cost w/ Shipping: $3.99


 What better way to start off the challenge than with a Chippa! 

  I had never seen this oddball set. And while the price was more than I wanted to pay, I just couldn't pass it up. I love the old Post Cereal cards and this little beauty is a throw back to the days of cutting the card off the back of a cereal box. Granted, the set isn't in the same league as the Post cards; it is, however, more unique among more modern cards. 

Total, month to date: 1 card/ $3.99 spent




1 comment:

  1. Love me some oddballs... especially ones I've never seen before. Nice Chipper.

    ReplyDelete